Friday, November 8, 2013

What's Poppin'!?

Hey All!! Happy Friday!! Woot Woot for the weekend almost being here! And with the weekend comes...more football! Yes! One of our favorite things to munch on while vegging on the couch is homemade popcorn.


(Parmesan and Dill Popcorn)

A few years ago my sister bought me a Whirley Pop maker. Honestly at first I was like, "Uh anyone who's anyone knows the microwave movie theater popcorn is the best! Duh!" I was young. I was naive. I had no idea what I was missing!! This thing is now my best friend!...well besides my sister :)


If you don't have one, go out and get one (or get your sister to buy you one). It's so easy to use! The best thing about popcorn is it's truly a blank canvas that you can make your own. When my craving for that crunchy, buttery snack hit I started searching for recipes online. Nothing was really jumping out saying EAT ME! So I did what any good cook does, and made up my own recipe. Here's what you'll need:


To start you pour your oil in the bottom of the pan with about four kernels. Make sure the oil coats the bottom and turn on medium heat. When those few pop, pour in the remaining kernels and start to stir.


The popcorn will start to pop immediately. Once you stop hearing the kernels pop, pour into a paper bag. Sprinkle on the Parmesan, dill, salt and melted butter. 





Then shake:





In the end you'll have warm buttery popcorn covered in cheese and dill. I am a sucker for dill. I don't know why I love it so much, but I do. I big fat heart it!! If you aren't a fan, try subbing it with seasoning you do love. Chili powder can give you a spicy kick, Italian seasoning would work, garlic powder or even parsley. To make it sweet try mallow fluff or crushed up Oreos. Seriously the options are endless!



Parmesan and Dill popcorn:

Ingredients (makes 2-4 servings)

1/2 C unpopped popcorn
2 T vegetable oil
3 T Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dill (2 if you love dill as much as I do)
2 tsp salt
3-4 T melted butter

Directions:

Pour oil into the whirley pop and place over medium heat. Add about four kernels and stir whirler a few times. Wait until you hear the kernels pop. Open the lid and pour in the remaining kernels. Immediately start stirring your popper until you don't hear anymore popping, just a few minutes. Put popped kernels in a paper bag. Sprinkle over the cheese, then dill, then salt and finally the butter. Close up tight and start to shake. Pour into a bowl and enjoy with your favorite beverage and a big fat smile on your face.

What kind of popcorn do you like to make? Are you a microwaver or a homemader? Do you like this tiny treat salty like me or sweet? Come back Sunday to see my final football treat!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment