Monday, April 21, 2014

Raspberry Pound Cake

Hey All and Happy Monday! Hope everyone had an amazing weekend! I know we did! Saturday I went to a Bridal Shower for my little cousin and got to see most of my aunts, several cousins, several sisters (I have a lot) and my mom! It was great catching up.

Next day was Easter, and it was probably the best Easter I've ever had! I woke up, worked out, had a wonderful church service, went out to brunch with just me and the hub, took a quick nap with hub, tinkered around in my work-in-progress garden, and binge watched our new total obsession favorite show Game Of Thrones (we know, we're dorks) all while eating a ton of my Raspberry Pound Cake!
The fresh raspberries are really what make this recipe. They're so sweet and juicy and I just can't get enough! Plus it's incredibly moist. 
If only the Lannisters and Starks had something this sweet to eat, maybe they wouldn't be fighting all the time :) Go Team Stark!
Ingredients:
1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup butter, softened
3 eggs, room temperature
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 Cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 1/2 Cups fresh raspberries

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a bundt pan and set aside.

In a mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until smooth. 

Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each egg until fully incorporated. Using a spatula, scrape down the sides of the mixer. Then add the lemon juice and vanilla and stir.

In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture.

Add in the sour cream and beat until just mixed. Don't over mix. 

Fold in the raspberries with a spatula and pour the mixture into the bundt pan. The mix will be very thick.

Bake for about 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the pan sit for another 10 minutes before trying to remove it from the pan.

Cool, slice up and enjoy!

Side note: 

I made this awesome sauce to go over the top. I used lemon juice, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, but I didn't make an icing. I used very little sugar versus everything else. In the end it was a darker sauce, but poured over the top it was amazing. If I figure out the measurements, I'll come back and put them up.

Did you have a wonderful Easter? Did the kids find their baskets right away? Did they love everything the Easter Bunny sent them?! I know Easter has nothing to do with candy and everything to do with the Lord sacrificing himself for us. But he sacrificed himself so we can all have a wonderful life. I hope you all had as wonderful of a day as we did :)

Need a Bundt Pan?

Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Original Bundt Pan

Thanks for stopping by!

**I linked up to the scooptitus 2 tuesdaytasty tuesday, flusters creative muster, wicked awesome wednesday, whats cookin wednesday, create it thursday, full plate thursday, pin in thursday, bloom designs, the homeacre hopanything goes partyweekend potluckweekend bloggy readingcreativity unleashedbest of the weekendfrugal crafty home, sunday soiree

31 comments:

  1. This cake looks so moist and tasty! We get a lot of raspberries in this area and I think this recipe would be a great one to use! Thanks for sharing this at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm recently obsessed with pound cakes, I can't wait to try this one! I'm glad I found the post through Time to Sparkle link party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love pound cake. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Turn it up Tuesday. I love pound cake and a raspberry version sounds like a great take on this classic cake. I love the colour it turned out. I co-host Sweet and Savoury Sunday and would for you to stop by and share these and other recipes with us. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe really caught my eye on Christine's Dream to Reality Link Party. Pinned it for future reference! It looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I would love for you to share it at my Tasty Tuesday recipe link uphere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so yummy! I too love raspberries. How can you go wrong with pound cake and raspberries?
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from Crystelle Boutique Party and I MUST try this one - SOON! Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious! Can't wait for our raspberries to be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love anything with raspberries. Your cake is beautiful! It has been pinned.
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love raspberries! I'm sure they would taste amazing in this pound cake. Thanks for linking up with Hump Day Happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love GOT! I was so glad when Joffrey died : )

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow!! I just love this cake - honestly, I love anything with raspberries! I am surely pinning for later!

    Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday. We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pound cake with fruit and this look amazing! I love the bundt pan! Checking this sweet treat out from all things Thursday blog hop! Good stuff :-)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks delicious. I love raspberry. Can't wait to try it, pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! I bet it was all gone in no time... It looks so good I can almost smell it over here..... Thanks so much for sharing your talent!! :)
    “hugs” Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks beautiful! For some reason, whenever I try to bake anything with raspberries in it, it turns out looking sort of gray. I usually reserve them for chocolate to hide that. You've got the magic touch. ;) [#PinItThurs]

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful and yummy looking cake.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yum! I love how fresh and moist it looks, it's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great pound cake with wonderful raspberry a favorite of ours. Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so good. Perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. Especially now that the weather is nicer, I can see savoring a slice outside.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks delish! Love raspberries & love pound cake, together is an awesome idea! And sounds pretty easy to make. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw you on a link up and as a co-host! I have looked around your site and really enjoy it. I will be following you for sure! Love the pound cake recipe..I can't wait for raspberries to really be in season..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just wanted to let you know that this recipe was one of the most viewed posts at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. It will be one of the features at tonights party. See you there! Cynthia at Feeding Big

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cynthia! Linking up again to your great party!

      Delete
  25. I love a good cake! Thanks for sharing at the Happiness is Homemade Link Party, hope to see you back on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks tasty! Thanks for sharing at Happiness is Homemade :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. that looks super yummy! Thanks for sharing on The HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see you again today!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for linking up at Family Fun Friday. Just wanted to let you know I'm featuring your cake this week. Hope you'll stop by and share again!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A have a great friend who loves raspberries ~ I need to make this for her!
    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! I hope you will join us again this Saturday at 8:00 am EST!

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks so good! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete