Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pizza Salad?

What is a pizza salad you ask? It's what happens when I have leftover pizza from football Sunday and am sick of just eating pizza. Crazy right?! Getting sick of pizza?

I thought to myself "Self, what sounds good for lunch? Pizza? No, you've had it twice already this week! A salad? Yes! But I have all this leftover pizza. What if I put them together?! Genius!!"



So I looked in my fridge and started pulling things out. First was the pizza, then came green olives, lettuce, carrots, cheese and a nice ripe avocado.


And my favorite..ranch dressing! I could eat it with everything! See that cheese? It's called Provel. My roommate from college is from the great city of St. Louis and every time we went to her hometown to visit we HAD to get some Provel ropes. I've googled them, I've visited numerous cheese shops in Indiana, but I can only find them in St. Louis. Luckily (for me) my roommate went home to visit right before she came to see us, so she brought me some. Love her!

Now that I had all my ingredients, I started assembling my pizza salad. Still sounds weird, but was sooo good. I cut up my pizza and kept the crust out.



The great thing about this salad is you can have whatever toppings you like on your pizza. My hubby hates green olives so I never get to have them on my pizza. In the salad though, it's whatever I want! Awesome! So I mixed all my ingredients (except the avocado...I got lazy :), threw it into the bowl, topped with yummy ranch dressing, and dove in!!


I seriously ate the whole thing! I couldn't believe it's taken me 20 something years to think of this. And it took a total of 5 minutes to make a great lunch. You can truly make this your own. Any cheese, any toppings, any kind of lettuce, any dressing, you could even heat up the pizza if you can't stand it cold. The possibilities are as endless as your imagination. My calorie counter put this in at 412 calories...bonus!

Try it out and let me know what you think! Do you constantly have boxes of pizza going to waste? Do you and your significant other feud over toppings like we do? Let me know your favorite toppings! And stay tuned for tomorrow's fun football snack!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment