Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ooey Gooey Cheesy Awesomeness!

Are you ready for some football!! I am! Our plan today is to sit on the couch, watch football and eat the heck out of this:






Doesn't it look amazing!? Don't you just want to reach through your screen and grab em!? They are even more delicious then they look. I stumbled upon this recipe here, but wanted to make some changes of my own when I attempted this for the first time the other day. Here's what you'll need to make this cheesy awesome bread:


I had a couple different types of biscuits and decided to use my flaky and home style ones. First, I combined the melted butter, seasoning salt, garlic powder and salt in a bowl. Then I unrolled the biscuits and wrapped them around the blocks of cheese...the more cheese, the better! I stuffed them in a pan and poured the butter mixture all over the top:


I love love love seasoning salt and added more to the top. If you aren't as big a fan as I, skip that part :) Since the biscuits are in there so tight, I had to cook this for much longer than I thought I would. I baked them for 12 minutes, took them out, and at the last second decided to sprinkled on some Parmesan cheese and covered them with aluminum foil.

 (after 12 minutes, before covering)

I continued to bake them for an additional 35 minutes, checking often to see if they had baked through yet. These were worth the wait! Let me tell you! We devoured these!! So ooey...so gooey...so cheesy awesome!!!


Pull Apart Cheesy Bread

Ingredients:

1 Can flaky biscuits
1 Can home style biscuits
1/2 box Velveeta cheese, cubed
1/4 Cup butter, melter
1/2 T seasoning salt 
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Open and unroll each can of biscuits. Peel the flaky biscuits in half and wrap around blocks of cheese. Keeping the home style intact, wrap around cheese blocks as well. Place balls of dough in an 8x8 pan with the part that is sealed face down in the pan. This will help keep the cheese inside the dough. Once all biscuits are in the pan, pour butter over the whole thing.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove from the over, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cover with aluminum foil. Continue to bake for about 30-35 minutes, checking after 20 minutes. Make sure the dough has cooked all the way through before serving. Pull apart and enjoy!


So that's how we get down on game day. Thanks for letting me share with you a few of our favorite football treats! Sometimes we like it sweet, sometimes we like it cheesy. Sometimes our snacks take a while to make, some only a few minutes. All are delicious and awesome! What is your family making today? Love to hear it!

Thanks for stopping by!

**I linked up to Flour Me With Love and This Gal Cooks!

Marvelous Mondays Link Party #66 is now live! Link up until Wednesday, October 2nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment