Monday, December 9, 2013

Deep Fried Mini Cinnamon Roll Reindeers!!

Hello and Happy Tuesday Tue Ya! I hope everyone is having a great holiday season! Yesterday my little bub (my nephew) turned 7 and my little country boy (another nephew) turned 5 today. My oldest brother turned 21 last Sunday and our one year anniversary of adopting our puppy is in a couple of days! This time of year I'm reminded of how fast life really does go by.

I always like to take a moment to myself during the holiday season and truly thank God for everything he has given me in life. I am blessed and I know it, but sometimes I need to remind myself to appreciate it. I think that's why my wallet gets a little lighter and my cheapness thriftiness goes out the window this time of year. You only live once so might as well thank the ones you should thank while you have the chance. YOLO!


I'm so excited to bring to you this new and wonderful creation I made last night (well new in this house). They were amazing!! It was like having Sunday morning breakfast for Monday night dessert! And keeping in the spirit of appreciating people, these little guys were made for my amazing Hubby! He is the most wonderful man I have ever met and I love him very much. He loves me too...and cinnamon rolls! So now that I'm not afraid of deep frying anymore I decided to try making deep fried mini cinnamon rolls. Yes you read that right...deep.fried.mini.cinnamon.rolls! Here's what you need:
Grab the rolls & the shot glass. Press out a circle of dough by pushing the open part of the shot glass into the dough. Take the remaining dough from that circle & roll it into a ball with your hands. The 5 pack can I used made 11 balls. I tried to split a biscuit into 3 balls but they were too small for me, so I stuck to two balls per biscuit.
Heat up the oil on medium high. When hot enough, add the balls to the pan and let em fry for about 1 1/2-2 minutes on each side before transferring them to a paper towel.
Immediately roll the fried balls of cinnamon awesomeness in cinnamon sugar and coat well. Press in the M&Ms and pretzels and Voila! Deep Fried Reindeer! That sounds bad. But these were never alive so it's ok :) We each had about three and had to fight the urge to go back for more. They are so good!



Ingredients:
1 Can (5 pack) Cinnamon Rolls
Oil for frying
Shot glass 
Cinnamon Sugar (I have no idea how much I used but I'll say 3-4 Tbsp?)
10 Peanut Butter M&Ms
20 mini chocolate M&Ms
10 large twist pretzels

Directions:
Unroll the cinnamon rolls and place each roll on a cutting board. Press the shot glass into each roll to create a mini cinnamon roll. Take the extra dough and roll into a ball to make another mini. That means each full roll will make 2 mini rolls. Make sense? 
Heat oil in a large sauce pan on medium high heat to 375 degrees. I usually let the oil heat for about 5 minutes and test to see if its ready by flicking a drop of water into the pan. If it splatters back, it's ready. Carefully drop the rolls into the oil and fry for about 1 1/2-2 minutes on each side. Remove and place on paper towels. Once out of the pan, roll the roll in a bowl of cinnamon sugar. Press a large M&M near the bottom of the roll and the 2 M&Ms above that. Put in the pretzels and take a big ol' bite! 


Come back soon to see my next holiday treat! Hope you love them as much as we do!

Thanks for stopping by!

**I linked up to living better together, someday crafts, a glimpse inside, 733 blog, buns in my oven, this silly girls life, handy man crafty woman, ginger snap crafts, smart school house, the diy dreamer, made in a day, coastal charm, corner stone confessions, funky polka dot giraffe, hope studios, sugar bee crafts, a to zebra celebrations, anyonita nibbles, the winthrop chronicles, not just a house wife, sugar bee crafts

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Elizabeth! I'm your newest follower on GFC! This looks so yummy, if i were good in baking, I would've done this now!

    xo,
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites of your recipes, hands down! So stinking cute. Annnnnnd...I just realized what YOLO meant. I'm smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Deep Fried Reindeer does sound bad but these look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the cutiest.. thanks for bringing them by foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!! These sound great! Hope to see you back over on Tuesday for another great party http://mommyondemand.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried deep frying cinnamon rolls. It does sound yummy. These are so cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas on The HomeAcre!

    Please join us again Thursday for our special edition Christmas on The HomeAcre:
    http://summersacres.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-on-homeacre_17.html

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deep fried Cinnamon Rolls?! I think you may have come up with the best idea this year!!! I love that you split the rolls too, to make more - fits my frugal side nicely. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to deep fry the canned rolls during my pregnancy when they closed down our local Krispy Kreme! haha My boys would eat these little guys up!

    Thank you for sharing at 21 Random for Throwbacks on Thursdays! I look forward to seeing you again next week. :)

    ReplyDelete