Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Easiest Christmas Chocolates Ever!

I mean Ever! Hey Y'all and happy Wednesday to ya! Two weeks from today I will be surrounded by family and food and Christmas music and kids ripping into their new gifts from Santa with that look on their face that just makes me so happy.

You know that look. The one that reminds you of when you were that age and the magic of Christmas was so new and exciting. That look where their faces literally seem to light up over the anticipation of what's behind that red and green paper and then they finally see what was waiting for them and they scream out with glee! It's one of the things I look forward to the most with motherhood. The joy of bringing so much happiness to someone. And not just on Christmas, but everyday. Many people have told me having a child changes the whole holiday season for them and I can't wait to have that myself someday :)

Until then, it is my duty to spoil everyone I know and love with my sweet treats! Keeping with this weeks theme, one thing I really wanted to try was Christmas chocolates. At first I was all, "Oh this is going to be so hard! What ingredients will I need? Where do I even start?!" Then I remembered all those times I've left candy bars in my car in the summer and they've turned to puddles. All I had to do to restore them was throw them in the freezer. So that's basically what I did.

I stole borrowed some chocolate molds from my sister & grabbed my favorite chocolates & sprinkles:


I microwaved the chocolate until it was super smooth, and just poured it in the molds.
I tapped the molds on the counter a couple times, added some sprinkles and threw them in the freezer. 5 minutes later I had the cutest little Christmas chocolates!

I did the same thing with the big guys. They needed a little bit longer in the freezer, too. So cute!
At the last minute I decided to make a couple snowmen with caramel in the middle...totally forgetting I shouldn't put caramel all over the first chocolate layer, just in the middle. When they came out the caramel was oozing everywhere!
But they were still delicious!
Ingredients:
Favorite Chocolates (I used a whole bag of Hershey's Candy Cane and milk chocolate kisses)
Sprinkles, caramel sauce, mini M&Ms  (or any other decorations you love to use)

Directions:
Unwrap the kisses. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power for 50 seconds. Remove and stir. Microwave for another 50 seconds, again on 50% power. Stir. If it needs to go longer, remember to keep the power setting on 50%. You don't want to burn the chocolate while microwaving it. Once fully melted (it'll be like a syrup texture) spoon into the molds and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, until firmly hardened. Take out of the freezer and flip the molding onto a towel or clean work surface. Push out the chocolates and enjoy!

If you want to add caramel, fill the container with a small coating of melted chocolate on the bottom. Freeze for a few minutes. Add caramel in the middle then cover with more melted chocolate up to the edge of the mold. Freeze until set. To add mini M&Ms just put them in the tray before pouring in the chocolate. Freeze until set. Pop out and enjoy!

I'm thinking next time of trying butterscotch or peppermint extract in the milk chocolate! Hope my Hubby's co-workers like these cause they're coming to the holiday party with me this weekend :) What are your easy go-to treats for the holidays? Love to hear them!

Thanks for stopping by!

**I linked up to cedar hill farmhouse, between naps on the porch, diyhshp, whats cooking with ruthie, be different act normal, i heart naptime, made from pinterest, six sisters stuff, practically functional, serenity now, the shabby nest, thirty handmade days, fresh eggs daily, shaken together life, bacon time with the hungry hypo, the country cook, kitchen fun with my 3 sons, wait til your father gets home, happy and blessed home, the best blog recipes, simple living eating, tidy mom, the answer is chocolate, my turn for us, 504 main, the jenny evolution, bloom designs online, fireflies and jellybeans, lamberts lately, sweet bella roos, all things with purpose, live laugh rowe, seven alive, 52 mantels, whats cooking love

20 comments:

  1. These look wonderful!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your snowman has chicken pox! ;) I used a candycane shaped mold to make peppermint bark last year. That went over really big. The Christmas tree mold made me chuckle though - reminded me of a few years back when one of my nephews kept getting into the cookie dough. To be funny, I made an eggless batch, froze it in the tree molds, then popped them out and wrapped them as one of his presents on Christmas morning. I did it just to be funny, but he was very excited about that ... until his older brother and Dad started sealing them lol. [#PinItThurs]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grand idea! I'll definitely be pinning. I've never made chocolates, but now I have a reason to. Thanks for sharing!

    Tenns @ New Mama Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious and so fun. Thanks for following me. Followed you back.
    ~Allie (mommyblogger) @ http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try this...I'll have to buy the molds, tho, as I don't know anyone that I can steal....uh....borrow from. :)
    Thanks, girl....
    Here from Create It. Thurs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. look great and I love the easy part as well
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Came...saw...and now follow :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. These look really good! I especially like the pink peppermint ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just adorable. Thanks for the reminder to get my molds out of the tub in the garage. Thanks so much for sharing at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right - so easy! And delicious, without each person having to unwrap those chocolate kiss wrappers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a thought that making chocolates are soo difficult ..
    but yours is super easy .
    stopped by from show me what you got linky party

    ReplyDelete
  11. The oozing caramel might have been a mistake but it is the most tempting. Thanks for sharing these yummies with My Meatless Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I love this idea and bet my girls would love to make their own chocolates. I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-65.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute and clever idea, and they look super-yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the candy cane ones. I bet they wouldn't last very long here! Thanks for sharing and linking up to What'd You Do This Weekend. Merry Christmas! Pinned :-)

    --Ashley @ PioneerMomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can never go wrong with Chocolate :)
    Thanks for sharing at the HomeAcre Hop!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Elizabeth, I just wanted to let you know that you had the most clicked link last week at Showcase Your Talent Thursday, thanks for linking up! Where features always get pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you! Grabbed a button and linked up my new creations!

      Delete
  17. These are brilliant! Wish I had some cute molds like yours though. I love the extra caramel oozing out the sides. That just makes it so much better!

    ReplyDelete