Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Salted Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies!

Say that 5 times fast! Based on the four food groups I have in my life, this recipe is the epitome of sugar. And I know there are a lot of people who are afraid of sugar, or choose not to eat it, like ever. I, fortunately, am not one of those people. I always say you only live once and you might as well enjoy the time you have while you have it. I also say anything in moderation is fine. I also yell YOLO randomly even when it doesn't make sense. :) Life's too short to not let yourself indulge every once in a while. And trust me when I say these are indulging...

Don't they look awesome?! They should, cause they are. I came across this recipe here and knew I just had to try them. I changed it up a bit to make them perfect for us. And they are a perfect little piece of heaven let.me.tell.you. Here's what you need to get started:
Start off by mixing the brownie mix, the egg, the melted butter, the cream cheese, and the vanilla (not pictured) in a mixer on medium with the beater attachment. Once combined chill in the refrigerator for about a half hour. Meanwhile combine the peanut butter and the powdered sugar.
Remove the brownie dough and form into small balls. Place them on a lined baking sheet. I had to move fast because the dough was extremely sticky after only being out for a few minutes. If the dough gets too sticky, return to the fridge for a few minutes. Once the balls are on the sheet let them set for a few more minutes. Then use your thumb to make an indention in the dough.
They don't have to be perfect...mine sure weren't. Take your peanut butter dough and fill the hole up.
Put them in the oven for about 10 minutes, remove and let cool. Once they are cooled off, coat them with your favorite chocolate frosting and sprinkle on some coarse salt.

Hand them out to your guests and watch their faces light up when they realize the middle is full of happiness peanut butter!
Trust me when I say you will not be disappointed in this recipe whatsoever! The brownie part is so chewy and the middle part is so creamy, and the salt is so salty! In my eyes it's the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

Ingredients:
1 box brownie mix (19 oz)
1 egg
1/2 block of cream cheese (4oz), softened
1/4 Cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 Cup peanut butter
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
Your favorite chocolate frosting
Coarse salt (optional)

Start off by mixing the brownie mix, egg, cream cheese, butter and vanilla together in a mixer on medium until well combined. Place the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. During that time, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and turn the oven on 350 degrees. Then combine the peanut butter and powdered sugar together. Set both aside.

Once dough is ready, form into small balls and place them on the baking sheet. Wait about 3 minutes, then press your thumb into each ball to give it a good indention (the mixture won't be as sticky after it sets a few minutes). Fill the indention with the peanut butter mix, pushing the peanut butter down a bit, and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.

Allow to cool on a wire rack, then top with a heaping of chocolate frosting. Sprinkle on the salt (or not) and enjoy! If you try these out let me know how it goes. We gobbled them up as soon as the pictures were done.

Thanks for stopping by!

**I linked up to mommy on demand and my turn for us and not your ordinary recipes and bacon time with the hungry hypo and simple living eating and the country cook and the real creative life and this silly girls life and the happy housie and kitchen meets girl and smart school house and the ny melrose family and 733 blog and lady behind the curtain and mandatory mooch and buns in my oven and gingersnap crafts and handy man crafty woman

3 comments:

  1. Your cookies caught my eye at The Real Creative Life link party. Oh my goodness, they look fantastic!! Thanks for sharing! Pinned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look tasty! my two favorite things chocolate and peanut butter Would love for you to come and share at my linky party http://mommyondemand.com/create-bake-6/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got my food groups covered in this cookie: salt, butter, chocolate and peanut butter. Thanks for sharing it with us on foodie friday and welcome.

    ReplyDelete