Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What I did on Black Friday

Hello and Happy Tuesday to ya!

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I know I did. We started the weekend off on Wednesday in hubby's hometown and hung out with his folks. Then on Thursday we headed to my sister's and stuffed ourselves with Prime Rib (cause that's how she rolls) and played with my adorable nephew. Friday we partied it up here in my warm home while everyone was out shopping in the cold. Saturday we went and got our fluffy Christmas tree (it's so fluffy!!) and I decorated it while hubby watched some amazing football. Sunday we all got together at my dad's house to celebrate ALL the November/December birthdays we have. There's 5 total, plus a wedding anniversary, plus a new grandbaby on the way, oh and not to mention Thanksgiving and Christmas. This time of year is seriously crazy for our family!!

I wanted to show off some of the things we did on Black Friday. First we started off with a FUNdue party!! Why fondue you ask? Who doesn't love fondue?! We added some peanut butter to the chocolate too to make it that much more amazing!

We had cut up apples, cookie dough, pineapple chunks, cubed pound cake, rice crispy treats and pringles. Yes I said pringles. Have you ever tried a chocolate covered pringle? It just might change your life :)

After I stuffed my face with chocolate covered everything, I wanted to try my hand at the adorable snowmen cookies I've been seeing everywhere lately. Here's my version:
Here's what you'll need:
Bake the cookies as directed. Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, milk (not pictured) and butter together to create an icing:

Once the cookies are cooled, spread your icing over them. I used a thinner icing to really make it look like they were melting away. Melt your big fat mallows on a microwavable plate for about 5-10 seconds or until they start to droop slightly. Grab them from the bottom and place them on the iced cookie. Decorate them however you want and as much as you want. Another reason I didn't use a super thick icing is because I don't like a ton of icing and I wanted to enjoy these. I think they turned out great.
It doesn't matter if they are perfect or not, the more imperfect they are, the cuter they are.

Ingredients:
12 Sugar cookies
12 Large Marshmallows
1 tube Black icing
Colored icing-red, blue, green, orange, etc

Cookie Icing:
1 Cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1-2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Bake cookies as directed on package or follow your favorite sugar cookie recipe. Let them cool.

Mix together the sugar, butter, milk and vanilla in a mixer for about 3 minutes. Spread over the cooled cookies. Microwave marshmallows on a plate for about 5 seconds, check to make sure they aren't melting, zap for another 5 seconds, remove and immediately place on cookies while grabbing from the bottom. Decorate with different colored icings as much as you like. Enjoy!


What did you do this past Holiday weekend? Did you shop til you dropped or bake til you ache? Come back tomorrow for another holiday favorite treat of mine.

Thanks for stopping by!

*I was featured at mommy on demand
**I linked up to the pin junkie and kiddie foodies and the girl creative and artsy fartsy mama and 52 mantels and sweet bella roos and all things with purpose and real coake and mandatory mooch and whats cooking love and a glimpse inside and this silly girls life and the happy housie and buns in my oven and someday crafts and handy man crafty woman and the jenny evolution and lady behind the curtain and ginger snap crafts and designed decor and simply designing and the diy dreamer and cornerstone confessions and coastal charm and mommy on demand and funky polka dot giraffe and hope studios and not just a housewife and made in a day and the winthrop chronicles and anyonita nibbles and a to zebra celebrations

8 comments:

  1. That's such a cute idea....They really look like they are melting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! I love these little snowmen such a fun idea! Thank you for sharing! Now following you,
    Sheena @ http://thekeeperofcheerios.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are hilarious and absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing, the kids will love making these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great!!! Found them over at the All Things Thursday Blog Hop.
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came by from Create It of Bake It. These are adorable, my grandkids will love making these with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming over and linking up..because you are being featured tomorrow! So come on over tomorrow and check it out and link up!

    ReplyDelete