Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Wedding Inspiration

Happy November everyone!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! I'm already fighting the urge to get out the Christmas bins!! I think Hubby will give me crazy looks if he comes home and sees green and red everywhere...but I'm seriously fighting it!!

So when Fall comes around I will forever now think of my wedding and the amazing day that it was!


I was not a typical bride in the sense that I added a "zilla" at the end of my name, but I was totally hands on with every part of my big day. Luckily I had an amazing coordinator that was so understanding and allowed me to email/call her 17 sometimes several times a day. My event coordinator side really got to shine on our wedding day and hearing all of the compliments meant so much to me.

Since it was a fall wedding, I wanted to keep the decor related to that time of year without it being too much. I think I found a great balance. Each table had beautiful flowers in my wedding colors. Colors were red, orange, yellow and purple...perfect for Fall.


I added little pumpkins with the tables number pinned on them and bottle openers stenciled in red to tie into the wedding. We even special ordered our Hershey kisses to come in our wedding colors, and the stickers on the bottom were printed in the four colors, too! I also ordered little boxes to put the kisses and bottle opener in (Shock! Also in wedding colors :)



Our check in table was very fall and very unique. As you can see in the picture above, each person had a leaf with their name and table number on it. The leaves were stuck in pine cones and each person would take the leaf and pine cone back to their table to add to the Fall look I was going for. It was so precious! Huge props to my bridesmaids who sat their and organized all those leaves and pine cones with me!


Our sign in book was a tree and some ink pads (again Fall colors). People used their fingers and made "leaves" on our tree. It is currently hanging in our main hallway and I stop to look at it often. It's so personal and so pretty all at the same time. 



After having such great success planning my wedding and several parties since, I have decided I want to go into event planning. It's always been a passion of mine. Life is too short to spend it working at a job I hate. So I'm just going to put myself out there and become an event coordinator. I see a lot of pro bono work in my future, but that's ok. Event planning is definitely a field that you have to crawl before you walk, and I'm ok with that. Wish me luck on this new journey, and come back often to see the events I help plan and creative ideas/recipes I come up with and add to my skill set!

Got any weddings coming up? Are you weird like my sister and hate weddings? (Weird, right?!) What are some things you love about weddings? Love to hear it! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment