Tuesday, October 11, 2011

...Oh So OCD at night

OCD in a good way, that is. That is, if there is a good way. There is right?

So the big argument around our house is "What's for dinner?"
Half my morning is spent texting my HTB (Hubby To Be) back and forth ideas for dinner. He never EVER wants to pick what we are having and sometimes I just get sick of having to decide. Anyone else the same way? I wanted the arguing to stop so I came up with a solution.

My solution: Plan a week ahead. (enter OCD behavior now)

I've been doing this for a while now. I know tons of other people do too, and have tons of creative ways of how to make their meal boards. Mine?...well let's just say I've never claimed to be crafty and I think this board is from college!

Every week I start with my first rule of organizing...
Clear the space:


It may be plain jane to you but she works perfectly for me! Maybe when we have kids I'll make cute magnets that say different foods that help my kids learn how to read and make healthy eating choices blah blah blah. For now though, I know how to read and I think my little board is great.

I section her (when did the board become a her) off  for the week like so...


This follows my second rule of organizing by making her functional. You'll notice (hopefully you can notice with my lil camera phone picture) Friday and Saturday don't get a day. That's because those nights are just too hard to plan for us.

Then I walk around the kitchen with the cabinets and fridge and freezer open and make my meals



TA DA!! There's my board all ready to go for the week. I have main dish and sides on each day. I have future ideas I wanna do and things I need to get to complete my list. Easy peasy! (Get it, peas? Nevermind.) I usually do it Sunday morning. It's been such a nice change to not have to bicker about dinner anymore. I usually go home for lunch, and now I know what I need to take out for dinner every day! Again, I am OCD and that extra bit of organization in my life is HAUGE.

Like my little cow guy?



I have never hidden I am a huge dork...and never will. Share your fun meal board or creative way that you organize dinner around your house. Who knows? Maybe you'll inspire me to do my own cute fun creative one.Obviously I'm not a bad doodler. And I do love construction paper! Still can't wait to show you my fun Halloween decorations I made. Patience...patience Elie.


**I am available for hire in the northern Indianapolis area. Please feel free to email me at organizerbyday(@)gmail(dot)com for further information. I look forward to organizing with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment