Sunday, October 9, 2011

...obsessed with Halloween by night!!!

I big fat heart Halloween. I don't really know why, I've just always loved it. I think it has something to do with my parents. They always got really into it and apparently it's rubbed off...cause I love it!

I must say I have the most amazing, most patient, and most understanding fiancee in the world. I don't know how he puts up with me and my dorky goofy craftiness. I've had Halloween/Fall decorations up since August the middle of September. Sad, I know. But why should I have to wait until the weather feels like fall to decorate for fall? Oh wait, I don't have to wait...cause it's my house! Awesome!

One fun project I did today was inspired from my sister who you can check out here:
http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2011/10/before-after-party-ghosts-in-trees.htm She rocks.
I took a quick trip to Lowe's to see if they had little white bags that I could fill with leaves to make little ghosts, and I sadly realized Lowe's doesn't really have "Halloween" (fingers doing quotes in the air) stuff.

So...option B was to make my own. I stole some white material from my sis and got to work. These were my supplies:


I know, I'm so organized. I just cut the fabric into squares, cut a little teeny tiny hole in the middle:



Fancy picture, right? Then I tied a buncha knots at the end of a string about a foot long:


Then I taped the string to the fabric just so it wouldn't be pulled through in the wind (tape not pictured...because I forgot to picture it). I wadded up some newspaper into a ball, covered it with the fabric, tied a string around all that, and VOILA!!

(Do you see my oh-so-cute construction paper spider in the background? She's the sweetest little thing! More on my construction-paper-decor in another post)

Do that about a half dozen times and you get this:


SOO Cute! I love them. Their a big squishy-faced ghost family!!

And now they live in my trees:



And now I think I'm done with the front. Do you like my spider web bushes? And my spooooky ghoul awaiting trick-or-treaters?


Believe it or not, the rain and wind have zero affect on my webs. I couldn't believe at first, but now I do. It's wonderful! And my pumpkins are from our local pumpkin patch. Love 'em!

I know there wasn't much organization in this post, I just had to show those cuties off. And, technically, I showed you how to make them in an organized way ;) I'll show my wanna-be Halloween mantel soon, too. It's wanna-be because we don't actually have a mantel. It's really a Goodwill table that I let think is a mantel. And it's organized too! How's fall coming around your house? Are you crazy weird organized like me and have all your fall up already? Or are you like normal people and are just starting to get things out?  Happy fall everyone!


p.s. Yes! I did say fiancee! Since we've been apart I've gotten engaged, had a sort-of promotion go through at work, and dyed my hair. Lots going on! Promise I'll be back much sooner!

**I am available for hire in the northern Indianapolis area. Please feel free to email me at organizerbyday(@)gmail(dot)com for further information. I look forward to organizing with you!

1 comment:

  1. They are sooooo cute!!!! I meant to tell you I need help with my spider webs on the bushes. I suck at them.

    ReplyDelete