Monday, March 3, 2014

Eggs On The Go!

Hey All and Happy Monday to you! Today I've got a great way to help make your week a little easier and better. What's the one meal that gets skipped over all the time? Breakfast. Funny thing is it really is incredibly important and good for you. 

When you eat first thing in the morning, it gives you more energy throughout the day and helps kick start your metabolism...therefore helping you lose weight! It's great! I always say to think of your body like a car and food like fuel. If you don't put fuel in your car, it'll start out sluggish, move slow, and eventually won't work anymore. So give your "tank" some "fuel" first thing in the morning. Don't have time you say? I have the solution. Eggs On The Go!
This idea came from my little sister who told me about it over dinner this weekend. She said she saw an idea to cook eggs in a muffin pan and immediately my creative wheels started turning. How great would it be to make a bunch of eggs all at once without dirtying my skillet and have them ready to eat throughout the week?! Pretty darn great, I think. So I got out all the ingredients I love to have with my eggs and threw everything in together.
These are so stinking easy, anyone can make them. All I did was crack one egg into each muffin cup, added some bacon, cheese, potatoes, peppers and a pinch each of salt and pepper, mixed it up with a fork and in the oven they went. After about 14 minutes I had perfect little egg cups ready to go! 
I only made four this time in case it was an epic fail, but they weren't! They came out great! I had to spray the heck out of the muffin tin with PAM before I poured anything in, but it really helped these come out smoothly. Now all I have to do in the morning is grab one of these yummy egg cups, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds, and I'm out the door! 
If you have a big family, make a whole dozen! If you have picky eaters, only add what they like into the cup. Want ham instead of bacon? Go for it. It's your egg. The possibilities are endless!
Ingredients:

4 Eggs
2 pieces of bacon, cooked and cut up (or ham, or any meat, or no meat :)
1/2 Cup cheddar cheese
1/4 Cup diced frozen potatoes (optional)
2 Tbsp green peppers, chopped finely (also optional)
Salt and pepper

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray your muffin pan with cooking spray or use your non stick muffin pan. 

Crack one egg into each cup.

Add any and all ingredients you can fit in the cup. Stir it all together with a fork.

Bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes still sitting in the pan. 

Take out of the pan and eat right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days. Take out the day you want to eat them and heat up in the microwave for a few seconds.

That's it! Easy Peasy! Breakfast is done for the week! The best part is everyone gets their eggs how they like them. Growing up in a huge family it was either scrambled or scrambled with cheese. This way, everyone wins! The fact that these are only 120 calories doesn't hurt either :)

Do you eat Breakfast?! If you don't, you need to start. It truly is the most important meal of the day and it can help you lose weight and stay healthy. You really can't afford to skip it. Do it for your health and for your co-workers that have to deal with your irritability every morning :)

Thanks for stopping by!

**I linked up to the diy'ers, make it pretty monday, made by you monday, metamorphosis mondays, sunday showcase, a marvelous mess, carrie this home, much ado about monday, craftomaniac, amaze me monday, busy mondaysuper saturday link party, link party palooza, weekend bloggy reading, weekend potluck, tickled pink, foodie friday, thursday style, kitchen fun and crafty friday, friday flash blogthe homeacre hopbloom designspin it thursdayfull plate thursdayall things thursdaycreate it thursdaytasty tuesdaywork it wednesdayinspire me wednesdaywhats cookin wednesdaywicked awesome wednesdaytoo cute tuesdaytutorial tuesdaylink party tuesdaycreate link inspireshare your stuff tuesdaystitus 2 tuesdaythe scoopthe diy'ersmake it pretty mondaymetamorphosis monday

37 comments:

  1. We made these this weekend and they were great! Someone at work had the idea of using bacon or even lunch meat (think ham, turkey) to line the muffin section with, and then pour the egg and everything else in on top of that. Then you end up with a cute little bacon/meat wrapped egg cup thing! So easy, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe at table for seven link party! I would love to try it sometime.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I have made individual Strattas in muffin tins before, as well as some other individual things, but these are so simple. I'm glad I stopped by from the In and Out of the Kitchen link up to check you out! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping by from table for Seven Tuesday, I tried these before and they didn't come out great, but going to try them again. I need something quick for my son and I before I leave for work. Going to add this to my recipe list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was the bacon cooked before it went in the muffin tin? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was. Thank you for asking that. I'll add it to the instructions!

      Delete
  6. Love this! My little ones are always running around wild, I may try this in my mini muffin pan for little pop-able bites when they happen to run by. haha! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Kelly I'm imagining your little munchkins running past with their mouth open and you tossing a mini egg muffin at them. :) Hope they like them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I'm thinking of expanding into lunch possibilities as well... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got here from The NY Melrose so had to come and check out your Eggs on the Go recipe. These look Awesome and so easy peasy to do.
    Can these be made ahead of time, freeze them and then reheated in the microwave?
    thank you
    ColleenB.
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great question about freezing them. I know I've put eggs in my frozen crock pot meals before so I think that would be ok. Mine have been in the fridge all week and have held up great, but I'm sure you could freeze them, too. If you try it let me know how it works out.

      Delete
  10. These are great! I make several batches of something similar to this, freeze the ones I'm not using for the week and my husband eats 3 of them every morning on his way to work. Yours look so pretty, love it! <3, www.newsanchortohomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yumm I am replacing the potatoes with mushroom for low carb!
    Pinned
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome idea! This recipe is fab and really simple! I'll definitely be making these this weekend.

    Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it! I eat a lot of eggs for the extra protein but I get tired of boiled eggs. thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I make these too! Thank you for linking up at Tasty Tuesdays! Your post has been pinned to my Recipes from Tasty Tuesday board. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
    Have a terrific weekend!
    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyParadise.com
    #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love this idea!! I use to make pancakes ahead of time when the kids were home I wish I would have thought of this. Thank you for sharing it on our Four Seasons Blog Hop. Pinning Now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These looks so delicious! I’d love for you to come share over at Simple Supper Tuesday :)
    http://www.hunwhatsfordinner.com/2014/03/simple-supper-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought the ingredients to make these the other day...haven't gotten around to it yet. After seeing your yummy post I'm thinking I'll be making them soon! -Audra @ keepinupwiththejahns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad I came over from Artsy Fartsy's party. This look like a good, nutritious yet easy (my kind of recipe). Not to mention flexible and low cal. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look amazing! I'll definitely be making these for my family's weekly breakfasts:). Thanks for linking up to Thursday S.T.Y.L.E.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those look and sound amazing! Will have to try that one of these weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! Awesome and super convenient! Pinned! I want to make these every morning :) Thanks so much for linking up at Thursday STYLE!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm going to try this for my kids who have so little time in the am to get ready. I bet you can freeze these and thaw them quickly in the microwave? Thanks for bringing them to foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these kind of recipes! So easy and perfect for work mornigns! Thanks for sharing at The Weekend Retreat, Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look good! I need some more quick and easy breakfast meals. I get burnt out on breakfast quick. So I need a variety of meals. These will be great, I can make ahead then we can just pop in microwave for quick breakfast. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabulous idea - have to pin this !!!
    Thanks for sharing ( visiting from the Chicken Chick )
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm always looking for breakfast on the go. Thank you for sharing this. I'm gonna pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful idea, great ingredients and the portion is just right, so nice to be able to have this on the go...smart!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a great idea! I love the idea of a quick breakfast and a healthy one! Thanks for sharing it at Sewlicious Home Decor!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Elie, These look great and so easy to make!! I agree when breakfast is easier, I am more likely to start the day off right which follows through to the rest of the day!! I will make a batch of these to have on hand :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this idea! A great breakfast. Thanks for sharing on the HomeAcre Hop, hope to see you again tomorrow! - Nancy The Home Acre Hop

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  32. Caught this on one of the linky parties. This is such a wonderful idea! SO easy and you still can get a little creative with them... I wonder if pouring a little cornmuffin mix on the bottom would be work... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Coming back to share that you're being featured at AMAZE ME MONDAY, so hop back over...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this idea. So easy and then you just leave it cook without all the fuss of standing in front of the stove! Thanks for sharing and linking up with us over at Tell it To Me Tuesday! We hope you link up with us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this idea. So easy and then you just leave it cook without all the fuss of standing in front of the stove! Thanks for sharing and linking up with us over at Tell it To Me Tuesday! We hope you link up with us again next week!

    ReplyDelete