Friday, January 24, 2014

Homemade Fudge Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting

Woot Woot it's Friday! Got any fun and exciting plans for the weekend? We don't and it's awesome! Sometimes my favorite weekends are the ones where Hubby and I lay around and do nothing. Half the time we don't even leave the house...seriously. It'll be Sunday afternoon and I'll say "Huh, last time I left was Friday to get some wine."It's nice.

Come next weekend though we will be jumping up and down cheering on the Broncos! We debated last night if we're going to host a party or not. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE throwing parties and I am a sucker for cute decorations. I even thought I could make some kind of fun green dip to make a football field out of it. However, it is also so nice to make one yummy dish, grab a bottle of wine and head out the door to go to someone else's house. We're still 50/50 on it. Usually what happens is several people will start to ask us if we're going to have a party and after the sixth person asks we realize we should just host an awesome get-together. Obviously I will share with you any and everything I make if we have people over!

Speaking of things I make when people are over, I wanted to share my Homemade Fudge Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe with you. I had these out at our last football party and everyone loved them. I know when you think football parties you immediately think SALT SALT and MORE SALT! Which was what made these sweet treats a nice change of pace. After the fifth handful of chips and Fritos, having a bite of sugar is a welcome change!

These were so unbelievably moist and oh-so sweet. Actually they were a little too sweet at the size shown above, so I cut em down to make them bite-size! Squeal!!
They were perfect at this size! They were like brownie popables! Brownie Popables?! Oooo could I patent that? Are patents expensive? If anyone out there can afford a patent can you please patent and mass produce brownie popables so I can buy them and eat them all the time? A little cut from the profits would be nice, too :)

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup flour
1/3 Cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 Cup butter
1 Cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan. Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.

Premix the two eggs just a little bit in a small bowl. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the sugar, mixed eggs and vanilla with a whisk. Add in the dry ingredients and stir with the whisk until just combined and pour into your prepared pan. Bake for 27-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Icing Recipe: find it at the bottom of this post!

Add icing onto brownies while they are still warm. Cut up and serve with all your other football snacks. Enjoy!


The whole inspiration behind making these was my heart-shaped brownie pan that was given to me from a dear friend a few years ago.
Want one? Here's a great one from Amazon:


So are you a salty or sweet person? Or salty and sweet? Or are you like my Hubby and like everything as hot as possible? Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!

**I linked up to all things thursday, buns in my oven, handy man crafty woman, cornerstone confessions, coastal charm, the scoop, homecomingmn, between naps on the porch, marvelously messy, by stephanie lynn, huckleberry love, diy home sweet home, the heart of your home, a little claireification

17 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here with my morning cup of tea and I'm literally drooling! I have all these ingredient in the cupboard - hooray - I know what I'll be making today! Thanks for the recipe. I am mostly sweet (since you asked) but just sometimes I get the munchies for crisps (I'm english so that translates as chips -but for me chips are what you have with battered fish from the chippie!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to let you know, I made these yesterday and they were delicious! Mine came out a lot darker brown than yours but I assume that's because my cocoa powder is probably different. Thanks, this one is definitely making it into my recipe folder.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Julia! I'm so glad they turned out delicious! We seriously ate the whole pan in three days!

      Delete
  2. These look yummy! I love anything with cream cheese!

    Also, stopping by from Social Media Saturday at SoSimplyStephanie.com! I followed via GCF! Thanks for joining my link up! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said cream cheese frosting...I was totally in! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! You had me at cream cheese frosting:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so, so dangerous! Can't wait to try them! Thanks so much for linking up at Thursday STYLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another AMAZING recipe! Thanks for sharing at the Happiness Is Homemade Link Party! Awesome post! I have pinned it to the Happiness Is Homemade Party Board. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyParadise.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a sweet person. These look so good for my brownie loving family, we're going to have to try them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elie! Thank you so much for joining us and sharing these delicious brownies at Best of the Weekend - pinned to our party board! Please have a wonderful week and hope to see you again this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea cutting them into adorable pieces. Tiny food is always cuter. Plus, as we all know, cutting a sweet treat into smaller pieces makes some of the calories leak out.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking about making brownies today. I will have to try this recipe. I would love to have you hop over and share with us at Tell Me About It Tuesday! (http://www.sweetsillysara.com/2014/01/tell-me-about-it-tuesday-3.html)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mouth is watering at the sight of these brownies - delicious! I'm definitely pinning and trying it!

    Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so delicious! Thanks for sharing!
    -Karli

    www.somethingsplendidblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures say it all, MOUTHWATERING! The scary part is I have all the ingredients necessary to bake these up tomorrow, they won't last too long with my kids attacking them as soon as they come out of the oven. Thanks for sharing, coming from Turn it Up Tuesday! Pinned and Followed! Please come visit gurvygreen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my way! Can't wait to check out your site and I hope you love these brownies as much as we did!

      Delete